Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Project Spectrum: April and May


Tulips on the transit mall., originally uploaded by a-chan.

The colors for April and May are green, yellow and pink. While I'm not fond of pink, green is my fave color, while yellow is Richards fave.

The other day I was wondering what I would knit with these colors. I looked down and realized I was knitting with green and pink already. Pretty spiffy. I'm most of the way done with a Rabbit-proof Scarf in Handmaiden Sea Silk - Rose Garden. So, my first goal is to finish that scarf. I've been knitting it off and on for a couple of months now and it needs to be finished! It's a spring time scarf, so I need to wear it soon before it gets too hot!.

My number 2 project is a blanket for my new little cousin in TX. I have bought yarn to start this blanket twice. I had planned to do another pinwheel blanket with green and yellow stripes. (my family is full of duck fans, go figure). The more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to commit to another one of those. I thought about a feather and fan stitch, a thought about a crocheted ripple blanket. Then it hit me: a log cabin blanket. I've been wanting to do one of those for awhile now and I had plenty of green and yellow worsted weight acrylic/cottons.

So, I'm making decent progress on that. I might even finish it before the scarf. If I do finish both of those projects, then my third will be a pair of socks in a green-ish pink.

I have to finish the baby blanket by late June so I can hand deliver it..

Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon, it's raining right now.

No comments: