The stitch markers help, I swear they do. Even the little hair elastics I found were annoying. Thanks to trtlgrl for the link! I've only made about half that I need. I really need to get better pliers, though. The ones I have are clunkers, found in the tool box. I really didn't want to buy the beading pliers, but I may after next payday.
I'm really enjoying knitting this clapotis this time around. I don't know if it's just the yarn or the stitch markers.
Last night, I had a little bit of a mess I had to fix. I forgot to do one increase. I tried to just fudge it, but I ended up with a hole. I tried to put it back the way it was and there was a bigger hole. There are no pictures, but I ended up putting in an afterthought lifeline and frogging 4 whole rows. This wouldn't have happened if I'd just gone to knitting knit at Hagans.... or maybe it would have, who knows.
I think I can finish this by Sept. 1st if I do one straight section a day and all the decrease sections in one day (right... um, don't think it will really happen, but it's my goal!)