Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rapunzel, let down your golden hair!



Sabrina loves Tangled. She had been saying that she would be Rapunzel for months. So I bought the pattern (which was over my head since I don't do much sewing). With the help of my aunt and friend, I dumbed down the pattern a bit. It's a pattern for Princess Rapunzel, not the Rapunzel you see in most of the movie.

If you read the post before this, you know I finished it with literally hours to spare.

She loves it and that's all that really matters. I got this light pink cord to lace the front up, but it won't stay tied. I finally replaced it with some white ribbon (since she's wearing the dress at least once a week, my mom even let her wear it to church). I might get some better matching ribbon eventually, but she doesn't seem to care.

If I ever make Rapunzel hair again, I'm going to do it differently. The pattern is wrong in it's measurements, so I wasted a skein of yarn trying to figure it out... cheap yarn, I should say.

Sadly, Elias didn't get a costume. I wanted to buy one, but Richard said no since he wasn't suppose to be here until November. Next time, I won't listen (not like I'd want next time to be another Halloween baby, 2 scorpios in the house are plenty).

No comments: