Tuesday, February 7, 2012

50 books in one year, 2011 follow-up

When I last left this blog, I was professing how this was the year I was going to make my goal of 50 books. I didn't. But I've come to live with that. With knitting, working full time, and now having two kids... well, it just wasn't a practical goal. This year, my goal is 30 books. I think I can do it, maybe even more. I got a Kindle Fire so I can read while on my pumping breaks. I've already finished my first book of the year and most of the way through with a second.

Anyways, my last years list looks like this:

January
1 Gone-Away Lake - Elizabeth Enright
2 Return to Gone-Away Lake - Elizabeth Enright
3 The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey - Trenton Lee Stewart
4 The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoners Dilemma - Trenton Lee Stewart
February
5 The Stranger - Alburt Camus
March
6 The Glass Dragon - Irene Radford
7 The Perfect Princess - Irene Radford
8 The Loneliest Magician - Irene Radford
9 The Wizard’s Treasure - Irene Radford
10 Marionette’s, Inc. - Ray Bradbury
11 Harmony - C.F. Bentley/Irene Radford
April
12 Enigma - C.F. Bentley/Irene Radford
May
13 The Postman - David Brin
14-28. OZ series - L. Frank Baum
December
29. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

Not too bad, I guess. This year I'm going to try to read more books I've never read before. I'll still be doing some re-reading. I really want to make my way through LOTRs again and the Earthsea series.
This year's list:
January
1. Farmer Boy
2. Little Men
Currently reading: Jo's Boys

No comments: