Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hmm... anything else?

DSC_0652

I'm trying to come up with some things to bring me up to date with the blog.

DSC_0445

We went to Hawaii again (seems to be a yearly event). And look!

DSC_0657

My mom came with us! It was her first time in Hawaii in like 30 years. It was fun to share our "life" in Hawaii with her.

DSC_0472

Sabrina & Nana:

DSC_0415

The reason for our trip, Richard's cousin (Don) graduated from high school!

DSC_0348

This is the tradition in Hawaii. Everyone piles leis on the graduate. It was kind of fun to watch. Someone holds a sign up with the graduate's picture/name so everyone can see where they are.

We didn't plan it this way, but our nephew (Alexander Pono, AJ for short... Alex Jr.) was born 2 weeks before we got there. We all had colds, so we had to wait a week before we could go see him. Isn't he cute? He's already crawling! I can't wait to see him this summer (if/when we go).

DSC_0305

DSC_0300

It's not a trip to Maui without doing some touristy things.

DSC_0244

Like the Atlantis submarine (first time for this!). Sabrina was just barely tall enough.

My mom's gotta work on her shaka:

DSC_0177

Uncle Alex took us to the high school's field to play with his dog (Kala).

DSC_0119

And of course we spent time at the beach.

DSC_0087

Shave ice at our new fave stand Ululani's

DSC_0063

If you're ever on Maui, this is the shave ice to get! They make most of their own syrups (their webpage says it's now 100%) and they use Roselani's ice cream. Yum! Plus, they started in Portland (who knew, right?) We found out because I was wearing my Blazer shirt one day when we got shave ice and had a good conversation with the owner.

I take so many pictures, it's hard to choose which ones I like the best. Our first morning there, we took my mom up to Haleakala since it's like one of the #1 THINGS TO DO.

DSC_0041

I really need to clean my camera (I'm a little scared and apparently camera shops won't do it). This is my fave, some people don't get it:

DSC_0045

I guess that's all for now, I didn't realize how long this would get when I started!

No comments: