Tuesday, July 13, 2010

50 books in 1 year, July 2010 edition

March
5 Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
6 Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll

April
7 The Saturdays - Elizabeth Enright
8 The Four-Story Mistake - Elizabeth Enright
9 Then There Were Five - Elizabeth Enright
10 Spider Web for Two - Elizabeth Enright

May
11 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
12 The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

June
13 Gathering Blue - Lois Lowry
14 The Prince of Omeya - Anthony Fon Eisen


I guess I've read 9 books since my last update. Most of them are in the youth section, but I'm fine with that. Jane Eyre was a bit of a slog. I did like it, but I guess I don't understand why it's some people's favorite book. It was a bit depressing for me. I also knew how it would end since I read The Eyre Affair last year.

I love The Prince of Omeya. I read it a long time ago, probably middle school (I know this because soon after I read it, my dog Socks chewed it up and Socks passed away before high school). I thought the book was a bit hard to read when I was younger, but I flew through it this time.

I'm looking forward to The Postman because I really loved the other David Brin book I read this year (The Practice Effect). And no, I haven't seen the Kevin Costner movie.

The books I'm currently working on are: Congo, Anne of Green Gables (for like, the 10th time, whatever, don't judge) and I'm still halfway through Heaven's Net is Wide (prequel to the Otori books I read last year)

And that's about all. When I returned Jane Eyre and The Prince of Omeya to my mom, she handed me another stack of books. Thanks mom. Next time I'm going to borrow Darwinia because I can't remember much about it, but I have this weird picture in my mind about the book, so I guess it's time to re-read it.

No comments: