Monday, January 4, 2010

Pile of Toasties

DSC00230

I found an easy pattern and I'm now working on my 7th pair. Crazy.

Pattern:
Toasty (rav link)

Yarn: Plymouth Galway Worsted (teal,purple, pink, lilac) & Blue Moon Fiber Arts Woobu in Tanzanite (second from right). The two that were given as gifts were a second Tanzanite and a blue caron simply soft. I think I like the Galway the best for this project (although something like Malabrigo would be better, but I didn't have that in my stash)

Needles: US size 7 dnps

Mods: Not much, I don't make them quite as long as the pattern. The first pair I thought I should do something to control the rolling and did 2 rows k1p1 rib after a few inches, but it just looked funny. I don't think these roll too much more than they're suppose to.

I think I'm going to continue to knit this pattern for awhile. It's really really easy and I can knit it anywhere. It's great stash busting! I am almost out of worsted weight wool though. I've been thinking about switching over to some of my acrylic, but we'll have to see. The simply soft pair turned out nice and I have a bit of that left in a few colors.

No comments: