Friday, November 20, 2009

Kitty mittens



DSC00178, originally uploaded by a-chan.
Going into Halloween week, I still hadn't figured out what to do for Sabrina's kitty paws. I'd been thinking about some black mittens with pink paw prints on the palms. So I did it. Without a pattern. I'm actually thinking about writing one up. They came out so cute! I still need to get a good picture of Sabrina in her cat costume because it was already dark when we got all the kids dressed and ready for trick or treating.

I've been having a lot of those "I can't believe I made that" moments recently. I feel like I'm tooting my own horn, but I think there's a bit of a difference between when somebody else says a FO is good and actually seeing for myself that it's good. It feels good.

I've got a couple cute sweaters I've finished recently, but again, no pictures.

I think I've figured out what to do for the older nieces and nephew, mitts! I've found a few patterns that I like. The oldest nephew (12 or 13, I forget) will get some very basic black mitts (or hobo gloves as Key calls them) out of worsted weight. Key and Tess will get some either knit or crocheted out of sock yarn. I'm so excited, but I also feel like I'm falling further and further behind. I'm working on that scarf and it's taking quite awhile (size 6 needles, really?)

No comments: