Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another log cabin!


DSC00011, originally uploaded by a-chan.

With Richard challenging me to use 85% of my stash by the end of this year, I decided to knit a few more log cabin blankets. This one is a twin to the one I knit last spring for my cousin's baby. This one is for my baby banana, cuz you know all the babies are sporting college colors these days! I think I'm about half done, but I'm going to try to go as far as I can before I run out of yarn (which I planned for the first one, but I had so much green and yellow that I had to stop before it became a tent).

I have enough pinks/reds and blues that I'm going to knit another log cabin for my 10 year old niece. I have never knit her a blanket! I'm going to aim for a big enough size that she can actually use, but we'll see how it goes. I really am liking these giant log cabins with the two color themes. I'm drawn to them. Every time I think I'm going to do log cabin squares and sew them together, I just can't do it.

No new updates on baby banana, but we're going in on the 17th for a follow up ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. Maybe they will be able to tell the gender this time. The banana is definitely moving around, though. Sometimes I feel like the Space Balls scene where the alien bursts out of the guys stomach and starts singing "Hello my baby, hello my darling..."

No comments: