Wednesday, January 24, 2007

square to be


SUC53621.JPG, originally uploaded by a-chan.

Here's a sneak peek at the yarn I choose to knit my square for Larissa's square along. It's done, but not blocked. It will probably block to 7.5"

I've been working on some blankets and a hat for my new nephew. He came a month early, but all's good. Everyone is home and healthy. The niece isn't liking it too much, but she'll get use to it. The blanket I'm knitting for Baby Evan is black and dark green Reynold's Utopia. It's the best acrylic yarn I've ever knit with. His hat is some ggh Aspen. I love that yarn. I think I'll need to buy some for a hat for myself. It's so squishy!

I started Baby Andrew's blanket and it looks real cool. It's just some varigated acrylic I got at the craft store. But it's blue and white and it's coming out to look like winter camo. Super-neat!

I'm still at a stand still with Baby Sophie's blanket. The yarn store hasn't gotten a new shipment of Plymouth Encore and I'm totally out. I might need to pick a new color or order some online.

Speaking of ordering online, I'm super excited about Blue Moon Fiber Art's geisha! I'm not sure what colorway I'm going to order, but I'm so going order a skein as soon as payday comes... a whole week. Not sure if I can last. I might do a clapotis or a Print o' the Wave stole. I'm super scared of knitting the PotWS, but I think I'm ready to bite the bullet and do some real lace.

No comments: