Thursday, August 14, 2014

Secret Housewarming Gift



I'm finally getting around to blogging about this wreath I made my brother and sister-in-law for their housewarming present.  What can I say, I'm busy!

$7 housewarming present!  It's not the price, but the thought that counts, right?  I wish I had time to make a little plaque with their last name on it.

For this wreath, I used one of the flying discs, like a frisbee, but with a hole in the center.  I wrapped that with ribbon, secured with packing tape.  Then Sabrina helped me hot glue the slippers to the frame.  I followed up by reinforcing them (because her gluing skills need some work, the trigger is a bit stiff for her fingers).

Next, I took a piece of ribbon and looped it around the bottom of a slipper, and around the back to hang it from (I don't like big bows and wreaths hanging from a giant ribbon.  (perhaps I'll take a picture of how I do these hoops)

After that, I took a lei held in the back and pushed through the whole between the skippers (to cover any of the frame).  Use hot glue to hold it in place. 

The final stage was just gluing the decorations on.  Somethings wouldn't glue where I wanted them (like the dolphin to the shovel) and I had to improvise.  I'm really happy with this and it's still hanging on their door almost 2 months later.


No comments: