Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Camping: Take 3

DSC_0349
Our 3rd camping trip this year was our annual family campout at Cape Lookout State Park over Labor Day weekend.. I love that place! I think we started going when I was in middle school or early high school. We always have so much fun. I took Sabrina when she was 5 months old (that’s actually been the easiest camping trip I’ve had with her, go fig.). Last year was fun because she was walking and showing some independence.
DSC_0356
However, this year she screamed in the middle of the night for no reason every night we were there. I still don’t know what was up. It’s not like it was her first time camping. We did end up having a good time, but it’s hard camping with Sabrina when Richard isn’t there. (he had to work)
The weather was nice, we swam in the ocean, took a small hike, rode bikes around, sat by the fire… just general camping stuff. It’s kind of like our last hurrah for the summer.
And, we took a little class on cooking in dutch ovens. That was pretty cool. The ranger guy that lead it was a sweet boy scout type. In the end we got to sample the food we made: pizza and peach pie. I'll be getting my self a dutch oven before next summer. Of course I took a picture of my piece of pizza:
DSC_0398
I really love this picture. That's my Aunt Teri (Aunt T as all the kids call her).
DSC_0317
DSC_0381
DSC_0389
That one looks like a good Christmas card picture? I hope J.P. & Erin use it!

No comments: