Monday, September 14, 2009

Felted in the wash


DSC00150, originally uploaded by a-chan.

I'm having a hard time getting Richard to stop throwing hand knits in the wash. It's not completely his fault, I use to knit with more washable yarn. And the green one up there is suppose to be superwash. It shrank more than the Twisted (Blue Moon). Actually, they're both Blue Moon. The green one is Worsted Wear. Not so much superwash. The green one that isn't felted is a baby shower gift for my cousin, so I'll have to warn her not to machine wash it.

The good news: The green felted one kind of fits Sabrina's baby doll. I may try to felt it a little bit more.

The sad part, Sabrina didn't really get a chance to wear the green one, let alone have a picture of it. I put the shower one on her, but it's way too small (6 month size).

1 comment:

kay.skay.790 said...

Holy crap did it ever full! I've had yarn that was supposed to be for felting before that didn't full that quickly.