Thursday, April 9, 2009

So, I joined a swap

Photobucket

It's a hotpad/potholder swap. I have to crochet 5 hotpads in the same pattern (different colors are okay), ship them in and I'll get 5 different ones in the mail.


I'm a little nervous about this swap because it's my first one. It makes me nervous because I don't want to be the one that screws everything up. I'm not going to screw up, but that's beside the point.


Because I'm lazy, here's the post I made over on their blog:


I started out thinking I would test a couple different patterns, but I really like the first one I tried. They are (thankfully) a bit over 6 inches across. This has turned into quite the stash buster. So far I've used Plymouth Fantasy Naturale that was leftover from a pinwheel blanket and a baby shrug. I'm hoping I have enough without having to buy more.

DSC_0121

The pattern is here. (ravelry) The construction is very interesting on these! Without the video, I would have been totally lost. I can see many more of these in my future.

No comments: