Monday, June 2, 2008

laparoscopic cholecystectomy

Well, I thought my next blog was going to be about Sabrina and my labor story. I didn't get to it, but I will. For now, though, I'd like to share with you that I no longer have a gallbladder.

The surgery went well. It was early Thursday morning and I slept most of the day. I couldn't nurse Sabrina for 24 hours, so I had the fun time of doing "pump n dumps." With the anesthesia and vicodin, I couldn't feel that my boobs were about ready to burst. I woke up and looked at the clock and realized it had been a good 9 hours since I fed Sabrina. I seriously looked like I had two large cantaloupes growing out of me (good thing i couldn't feel the pain involved). Sabrina ate through all my stored milk and took the formula (yay! she wouldn't the last time we had to give it to her).

So, all's well. I'm a bit sore and I should be going to bed (you'd think the vicodin would help with that). Mom is stayed a few nights with us to help with Sabrina (yay! i got to sleep as long as I wanted!) Erin came over Thursday afternoon when Richard had to go to work. I'm so thankful that my family is so helpful!

I guess that's all. Next blog will be about Sabrina, I promise!

No comments: