Saturday, January 15, 2005

No knitting today *sigh*

Well, I was supposed to work 11:30 to 8 today. However, Richard came back into the house after I thought he left and told me that I'd need to leave the house early because of some ice. I didn't listen to him. I didn't think anything of the ice. At 11 I start heading out the door and that's when I realized there really was ice every where.

I was slipping and sliding all the way to my car. I get into my car (after struggling to get the door open) and start it. I try to scrape my windows with my ice scraper and it doesn't work. There is just plain too much ice.

Back into the house!! I called work and talked to a supervisor. I said I'd be late because of the ice. Want to know what she said? "If you're coming from SE Portland, you better stay home." Apparently one of the managers had tried to get to work and ended up stranded on I-205 for awhile. So, I had to talk to a manager to let them know I wasn't coming in. He said "Good, the bridges are closed"

Well, that leaves me home with no knitting! See, I was going to drive home (Scappoose) last night (where all of my active knitting is). But there was a truck that had an accident on highway 30 and it was closed both ways. So I stayed at Richard's house.

Now I've wasted a whole day that I could have been knitting! GRrr.. I couldn't even drive anywhere to buy more yarn. I could have started a new project! But no, it was too icy.

And that's my story for today. I think it's time for a nap, I've played too many video games today and I'm tired now.

No comments: