Thursday, November 4, 2004

Hello! and welcome to my wonderful world of knitting!

Well, I must say that it's taken me a long time to join the current trend of "blogging." I suppose it's because I've never had a real and honest topic to post about. I'll try to keep this intro short and sweet.

To start with, I've been knitting since the 2nd grade. My private school had a knitting club. I was horrible at knitting. I think it had something to do with my un-diagnosed ADHD. I picked the needles up again in high school when my mom was knitting a lot. I had to re-teach myself how to do it because my mom, being a left-handed knitter, taught herself how to knit and she knit differently than any other left-handed knitter I've ever run into. I never finished any projects though. Probably had something to do with the ADHD.

In college I found how relaxing knitting is. I must have been 20 years old before I finished my first item. I'm 23 now, I still have problems finishing projects if they are big (I'm about 3/4 of the way through a baby blanket I started in July and the baby is due this month) I knit on breaks and lunches at work because I get so stressed out on the job (retail, go figure).

Currently, I'm working on my Christmas list.. which I can't really discuss here because who know's who might end up reading this and I don't want to give out any surprises.. I'll give one hint: they will definitely keep you warm!

And I guess that's it for now. Stay tuned for pictures of some of my finished projects and a list of things I want to knit.

No comments: