Friday, September 26, 2008

Big decision time


Blue ribbon!, originally uploaded by a-chan.

So, here's another way back moment. I've blogged about this sweater before, but the short story is that I don't really like it, it's too warm, doesn't fit properly (come on, it's chunky yarn... on a chunky body!). Every time I think "hey maybe I can wear it," I pull it out and put it on and it doesn't fit and it's itchy.

I've been thinking about this for over a year. I think I’m going to frog it. I know, sounds horrible. Frogging a blue ribbon sweater? Who really does that, really? But I’m tired of it sitting there. I think I could make a Versatility wit the yarn, if it frogs well. If not, then I'll knit something to felt.

What do you think?

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

That's a lot of knitting to frog. Do you think you'd wear the new sweater? It's still chunky yarn! May still be too warm. Or, do you know someone who would love it and wear it?

I've done it both ways. Frogged an entire sweater for gauge issues, reknit for DH and he loves it. Gave away a gorgeous sweater that was just too big for me, to a knitting friend who loves it and wears it.

Just depends on if you think you'd wear a chunky sweater, after all. Good luck! And a belated congrats on the blue ribbon, too.

MicheleLB